Professional kid wrangler

Professional kid wrangler

Wednesday 1 April 2015

Homemade Sidewalk Chalk in Three Ingredients

Homemade sidewalk chalk with three ingredients (glitter optional!)


This Easter we decided to make a few items for the Easter bunny to hide for us. One of my kids absolute favourite things to do in the spring and summer is draw with sidewalk chalk, so this year we decided to try and make our own.

Hannah was pumped for this project!


Shopping list:

1.5 cups Plaster of paris-(I got mine at Home Depot and it was cheaper than Michaels with a coupon!)
A couple squirts of Paint (I used dollarama brand)
1 cup Water
A dash of Sparkles (completely optional although my daughter did not think so ;)
A couple of plastic containers
A silicone mold or cupcake pan ( I got mine from dollarama)



Combine water and plaster of paris. Mix well and make sure you completely combine. Seperate the plaster into the containers. Add paint to color, at this point you could also add sparkles if desired.

 
It is very important if you are using a silicone mold to place it on a cookie sheet before you fill it. I learned this the hard way and it was a bit of a mess to move. If you are using a cupcake pan you are fine. I filled my mold with a little of each colour to create a tye dye effect. I think it came out looking pretty cool. We also just remembered the sparkles at this point so we added them at the end. It would have looked cooler to add them and the paint together.
 
She went a little sparkle crazy
After this we simply waited about 12 to 18 hours and popped them out!


Have fun and happy Easter!

 
 Wanna see how I am taking a simpler approach to Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment